Measuring Inside Mount (IB) Shades:
Measure the exact width (A) and length (B) of the window opening as shown. The factory will
deduct ½” overall from the window width for clearance. On all inside mount shades, a small
light gap will be visible.
Measuring Outside Mount (OB) Shades:
Measure the exact width (A) and length (B) of the window opening you wish to cover. The
shade should cover the window opening by at least 2” on both the width and length. To cover a
window sill, provide a measurement (C) beyond the sill.
Measuring Arch Top Valances for Woven Wood Shades:
For inside mount shades, measure the exact width and tallest length inside the window opening. For outside mount shades, measure the desired width and tallest length. Make sure to measure the length of outside mount shades at its tallest point. Arch Top woven wood shades must be perfect arches where the length equals ½ the width. For arch top valances, measure dimensions A, X, & Y. For pricing, use the width and tallest length measurement. Make sure to add the arch top shade surcharge.
Measuring Angled Shades:
It is critical to measure all four sides of the window opening. For inside mount shades, measure
the inside of the window opening and for outside mount shades, add the desired overlap. Measure the slope angle with a protractor and provide the angle in degrees. Indicate all measurements on a template to be sent to the factory. For pricing, use the tallest length of the shade. For angle top valances, measure dimensions A, X, & Y. For pricing, use the width and tallest length measurement. Make sure to add the angled shade surcharge.
Factory Deductions: Inside mount shades have a ⅜” deduction in width.
- Yarns – A wide array of natural and manmade fibers are used in the making of the yarns featured in woven wood fabrics. Pure, bright colors are achieved by using the finest dyes available. Even so, over a period of time slight fading may occur.
- Stretching – All natural woven wood shades may stretch; this is an inherent trait for these fabrics.
- Color Variation – Both the paints and stains on natural fabrics are subject to color variation. Reed and wood slats will retain the unique grain, nodes, color, and shape irregularities inherent from natural woods, water reeds, and grasses.
- Fading – Over an extended period of time, exterior and interior discoloration may occur. The colors may become more yellow after exposed to strong sunlight. The use of a privacy lining will minimize fading. Stretching, Color Variation, and Fading are natural characteristics of woven wood shades. The occurrence of these changes is industry standard and will not warrant a replacement shade.
- Energy Savings –Woven wood fabrics are a good insulator against the summer’s heat and winter’s cold.
Note: These are estimated measurements and may vary from shade type to shade type and fabric to fabric.
Woven wood shades are designed to be durable and are easily cleaned. These fabrics are inherently anti-static and repel dust. Occasional feather dusting or light vacuuming may be necessary to keep the fabrics clean and bright.
Inside Mount Depths:
- Minimum Required Depth: ¾” with standard bracket
- Flush Mount Required Depth: Headrail size plus 1” if using standard bracket.
- Exact flush inside mount depths will vary slightly based upon the thickness of the fabric selected.
To insure child safety, it is strongly recommended that each shade be installed with a cord safety cleat provided by the manufacturer.
No Charge Options:
- Valance returns are supplied with all outside mount shades and are available upon request with inside mount shades.
- Standard valance returns are 6” long and are made of the bamboo pattern chosen.
- Hold-Down Brackets are available upon request, but are not available with Edge Binding or Wood Bottom Bar options.
- Spacer Blocks are available upon request.
Fabric Valance Returns:
For shades with edge binding, returns made from the edge binding fabric are available as a surcharge option.
- Lined valances are recommended to conceal the headrail components when an open-weave pattern is selected. This is particularly recommended if clutch controls are chosen as these components are more visible through the valance. All Top-Down/Bottom-Up shades will be shipped with lined valance as standard.
Cut outs can be taken from either side of the shade. Please provide exact dimensions and the locations of the cut-outs required. There may be limitations to what can be cut out, based on the size and specifications of the shade.
Cords on the back of the shade are wrapped in a “cord shroud” for increased safety against strangulation hazard. This allows the shade to fold normally but does not allow a hazardous loop to be formed since the lift cord cannot be pulled out on the back of the shade any further than the spacing between the lift rings
In compliance with the latest manufacturing safety guidelines Blinds Northwest includes with each fully-assembled product warning tags, warning labels, safety devices and cord cleats. Installers of the finished product must adhere to the safety guidelines as established by the installation instructions and by using all devices provided by the manufacturer. It is the responsibility of the installer, as well as the end consumer, to see that all safety devices are properly installed according to the manufacturers installation instructions included with each device and remain so throughout the life of the product. Blinds Northwest is not liable for injuries or fatal occurrences related to improper installation or maintenance of required safety devices.[/two_third]
Manufacturing specifications, options, surcharges and pricing are subject to change without notice.
Download and print friendly version www.blindsnw.com